Research Interns are employed for a 12 week period to provide essential support to the teams that produce the wide range of products and services which ECA provides to clients. Interns are required to conduct research and analysis for over 450 cities across the globe and are responsible for processing, verifying and uploading large volumes of questionnaire data.
Many of our employees who join us as interns confess that until they started job-hunting they didn’t realise companies like ECA existed and are happy that their skills and experience can be transferred to such a niche and interesting industry. The position provides a foundation on which to build a career in research and analysis, international assignment management and many other professional disciplines.
A significant number of temporary staff have gone on to join us as Research Analysts and enjoy successful careers at ECA (see our brochure below).
Research Interns may be assigned to work in one or more of the following areas of production:
- Administration and analysis of ECA’s cost of living survey which monitors price changes for 134 items of everyday expenditure including food and drink, personal goods and services, clothing and electrical goods.
- Assessing a wide range of “hardship” factors such as climate, infrastructure and security which affect expatriates’ ability to adapt to life in a new country. Involves extensive internet research combined with analysis of expatriate questionnaires.
- Researching accommodation costs and assessing the suitability of properties for expatriates. Analysing changes in average property prices and researching changes in market conditions that may account for these differences.
- Investigating the suitability and costs of a wide range of expatriate benefits such as international schools, company cars and sports clubs.
- Researching the costs of business trip expenditure such as hotels, taxis and flights.
- Assisting with other surveys and projects such as expatriate remuneration surveys and pinning the locations of facilities and services on maps.
ECA is looking for candidates with enthusiasm, flexibility, an inquisitive mind and the ability to apply high standards of judgment using well-honed internet research skills. They will need to work efficiently, effectively and accurately – a keen eye for detail is essential. Teamwork is a key feature of the internship so candidates will need to have a collaborative mentality and at the same time be able to focus on their own individual tasks.
Candidates will be educated to degree standard and be proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel. They will be highly numerate and have the ability to write clear, concise notes on their research. The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of global current affairs and world geography. Knowledge of a foreign language in addition to English would also be advantageous.
£21,000 including bonus per annum (pro-rated). The bonus is 10% of annual salary (pro-rated) and is paid at the end of the contract, provided the contract has been completed in full. This equates to an annual salary of £18,900 (pro-rated) and a bonus of £485.00 (gross) paid at the end of the contract; the amount of £485.00 is the full amount and is not pro-rated. Salary is paid monthly in arrears.
Period of employment
We are no longer recruiting interns for 2014 but if you would like to be considered for a position in 2015, please submit your application using the link below.
Please submit your application through Milkround
Working at ECA - more information
For more information, and to read our full recruitment brochure, please either reference our interactive pdf here:
Or a printable brochure here: