Work for us
Business Development Executive (London)
- The New Business team is responsible for attracting new clients as well as identifying prospects and managing the business development process.
- Relationships are to be developed with the aim of turning prospects into annual subscribers to ECA’s data and software tools. This will be done by introducing clients to as broad a range of ECA products and services as appropriate.
Grow ECA’s client portfolio. This may include some cold calling within an agreed market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. It will also include identifying leads from the website and other digital media, industry events and client referrals, as well as former clients and other CRM contacts.
Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the organisation. This includes researching and monitoring global developments to identify financial, technological and demographic factors which present opportunities for ECA.
Set up and attend meetings with prospective clients and if appropriate, with other members of the ECA teams.
Plan approaches and pitches, working closely with the relevant internal teams to develop proposals that are likely to address the client’s needs. Take part in pricing discussions.
Handle objections by clarifying and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Present an appropriate image of ECA at all times.
The success of this position will rely on the successful candidate’s ability to:
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of our products and services, in order to be able to describe and demonstrate their use.
- Meet the agreed sales targets for new business.
- Working collaboratively with and contributing to the team and the overall business as required.
- Flexibility to travel in the EMEA region.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Previous experience of B2B sales and using a CRM system would be desirable.
- An ability to communicate complex issues clearly and simply both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive and able to manage priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to work comfortably with figures and numerical data.
- Fluent English and at least one other language. German and/or French would be ideal Dutch would also be a definite advantage.
- Outgoing and personable team player.
- Right to work in the UK.
Working at ECA - more information
For more information, and to read our full recruitment brochure, please either reference our interactive pdf here:
Or a printable brochure here: